As cofounder of InfoClear Consulting, Wendi Pohs provided systems design, software tools, and technical consulting services to help large companies integrate semantic technologies with their new or legacy systems.
She focused on taxonomy integration, text analytics, intranet and website search relevance tuning, graph database design, and metadata management, providing strategic taxonomy consulting, taxonomy development and maintenance routines, and relevance enhancements for search.
Wendi and I were at DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) at the same time, but we did not know one another then. While there, she developed a competitive intelligence retrieval system, successfully used for years by the sales force. Ron Smart was one of her informal mentors at DEC. A KM thought leader in the 1980s, Ron passed away on March 10, 2013.
- InfoClear Consulting – Chief Technology Officer, 2006 – 2022
- IBM – Consulting IT Specialist, 2003 – 2005
- Iris Associates/Lotus Development – Lead Taxonomist, 2000 – 2003
- American Mathematical Society, 1994 – 2000
- Digital Equipment Corporation, 1984 – 1994
University of Michigan – School of Information
Practical Knowledge Management: The Lotus Discovery System with Gayle Thiel and Seth Earley
Enterprise Taxonomies: A Business Professional’s Guide to Taxonomies for Content Retrieval with Richard McCarrick
Upgrading to Lotus Notes and Domino 7 with by Tim Speed, Dick McCarrick, Barry Heinz, Tara Hall, and Matthew Henry
- Taxonomies, Lexicons and Organizing Knowledge
- Selecting a Taxonomy Management Tool
- Taxonomies of Knowledge: Building a Corporate Taxonomy
- The Gilbane Conference on Content Management Technologies
- Enterprise Search Summit
- Taxonomy Boot Camp
- 2007 Everything You Wanted to Know About Auto-Classification (But Were Afraid to Ask)
- 2006 Buy, Build, Automate: The Great Debate
- Knowledge Nets 2001
- Landing the Raven—Positioning the Lotus KM Implementation in the Enterprise
- Taxonomies of Knowledge: Uncovering Hidden Themes in Existing Corporate Data
- Leverage taxonomies for enterprise search using IBM OmniFind, IBM Classification Module, and SchemaLogic with Jochen Dörre, Josemina Magdalen, and Bob St. Clair
- Creating a rules-based classifier for Discovery Server 2.0
- Taxonomy and Classification resources should sit on development teams
- Why I love Twitter
- Creating and Maintaining Machine-Generated Taxonomies in Human Organizations: Contributions from Research and Practice with Dick McCarrick and Michael Muller
- Issues in the design of software systems to support voluntary electronic communities with Michael Muller
- The Lotus Knowledge Discovery System: Tools and experiences
- Building a taxonomy for auto‐classification
- Importing a file system taxonomy into a K-map
- Selecting and configuring Discovery Server data repositories
Enjoy Stan’s blog posts offering advice and insights drawn from many years as a KM practitioner. You may also want to download a free copy of his book, Lucidea’s Lens: Special Librarians & Information Specialists; The Five Cs of KM from Lucidea Press, and its precursor, Proven Practices for Implementing a Knowledge Management Program. Learn about Lucidea’s Presto, SydneyEnterprise, and GeniePlus software with unrivaled KM capabilities that enable successful knowledge curation and sharing.
Never miss another post. Subscribe today!
Book from KM expert Stan Garfield with 100 infographics on knowledge management proven practices with links to supporting external content
KM thought leader Katrina Pugh has a successful record in artificial intelligence, agile development, and organizational transformation
KM thought leader Nirmala Palaniappan’s is Vice President of Knowledge Transformation Services at Genpact in Chennai, India.
KM thought leader Moria Levy is the founder and leader of a KM consulting firm offering knowledge sharing, retention, and development advice.