Moria Levy is the founder and leader of a KM consulting firm offering knowledge sharing, retention, and development projects. She is a KM researcher, author, speaker, and community leader, with expertise in knowledge retention and the KiSure methodology.
In 1998, Moria established ROM Knowledgeware, a firm specializing in KM with 40 employees. She developed new methodologies addressing intranets, lessons learned, knowledge retention, collaborative knowledge development, and more. These methodologies, based on field work, were later the basis for her research papers and books.
Moria led the first worldwide initiative for a KM standard: the Israeli KM standard SII 25006 in 2012. In 2015 she was chosen by the International Standards Organization (ISO) to lead a team of KM experts in developing a global KM standard. This resulted in ISO 30401 – Knowledge management systems, a comprehensive compass for knowledge management excellence.
Moria led the first initiative worldwide for high school studies specializing in knowledge management as part of information and data sciences studies, a program running in Israel for over a decade. As the Israeli KM Forum chair, she joined KMGN, the KM Global Network, turning her personal vision into the organization’s. She led KMGN in the development of two innovative KM courses, one focused on AI and KM, and the other on advanced KM methodologies. During her 2022 tenure as KMGN chairperson, the organization doubled from 12 to 25 involved countries and networks. Moria leads the “Designing the Future for KM” committee for KMGN and has helped establish Global Knowledge Week.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Knowledge Management utilization in organizations, 2008 – 2010
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Computer Science, 1988 – 1990
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Mathematics and Computer Science, 1981 – 1984
- ROM Global – CEO, 1998 – Present
- Knowledge Management Global Network – Co-leader, 2021 – Present
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization): Chairman, KM experts committee, 2015 – Present
- Israel Knowledge Management Forum – Leader, 2009 – Present
- Israeli Air Force – DBA department manager, 1984 – 1990
Communities and Conferences
- KMGN (KM Global Network)
- SIKM Leaders Community
- June 2023 KM Global Network: Bringing a better future to KM. Together.
- September 2023 The ISO 30401 Implementation Toolbox
- Change Management Serving Knowledge Management and Organizational Development: Reflections and Review – Chapter 12 in Global Practices in Knowledge Management for Societal and Organizational Development
- Real Time Knowledge Management: Providing the Knowledge Just-In-Time – Chapter 14 in New Research on Knowledge Management Applications and Lesson Learned
- Management 2.0: Managing Knowledge Workers in the 21st century – Chapter 2 in Implementing New Business Models in For-Profit and Non-Profit Organizations: Technologies and Applications
- Blog: Knowledge Management: Managing in an era of knowledge
- LinkedIn Articles
- LinkedIn Posts
- LinkedIn Documents
- Because You Need to Know Podcast
- Moria Levy – YouTube
- ROM Knowledgeware – YouTube
- KMGN – Knowledge Management Global Network – YouTube
- Sharing tacit knowledge in the new virtual world
- Interviewed by Santhosh Shekar
- Semantic Scholar
- Google Scholar
- 2know Newsletter
- Book Reviews
- Generative AI
- A Conversation with Chris Collison
- Journal of Knowledge Management
- Stairways to heaven: Implementing social media in organizations
- Knowledge Retention: minimizing organizational loss
- Web 2.0 implications on Knowledge Management
- Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management
- Leveraging Knowledge Understanding in Documents
- Journal of Knowledge Management Practice
- Effective Content Organization of a Portal
- A Case Study of Successful Implementation of a Learning Model
Enjoy Stan’s blog posts offering advice and insights drawn from many years as a KM practitioner. You may also want to download a free copy of his book, Lucidea’s Lens: Special Librarians & Information Specialists; The Five Cs of KM from Lucidea Press, and its precursor, Proven Practices for Implementing a Knowledge Management Program. Learn about Lucidea’s Presto, SydneyEnterprise, and GeniePlus software with unrivaled KM capabilities that enable successful knowledge curation and sharing.
Never miss another post. Subscribe today!
Book from KM expert Stan Garfield with 100 infographics on knowledge management proven practices with links to supporting external content
KM thought leader Katrina Pugh has a successful record in artificial intelligence, agile development, and organizational transformation
KM thought leader Wendi Pohs provided systems design and software tools, helping large companies integrate semantic technologies into their systems.
KM thought leader Nirmala Palaniappan’s is Vice President of Knowledge Transformation Services at Genpact in Chennai, India.