I suspect many of you have been testing out ChatGPT and reading a lot about ways to use it. In this post, I want to provide some resources I have been incorporating in my use of ChatGPT.
These resources may be tools you want to use as well.
- ChatGPT for Google: With this Chrome Extension, ChatGPT results will display next to your Google search results.
- WebChatGPT: This Chrome Extension adds current search results to ChatGPT. Without this Extension, ChatGPT is limited to content from 2021 and earlier.
- Merlin: This Chrome Extension summarizes everything from YouTube videos to blog posts. The tool also shows ChatGPT responses next to search results from Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and Baidu.
- EngageAI: This is an Extension specifically for LinkedIn.
- YouTube & Article Summary powered by ChatGPT: Similar to Merlin, this Extension summarizes articles and YouTube videos.
I hope you explore all the Chrome Extensions that are available for integration with ChatGPT.
- Prompt Perfect: This plugin helps ChatGPT users refine their prompts to get better results from ChatGPT.
- Wolfram Alpha: With the Wolfram Alpha plugin, ChatGPT can complete higher level math and do much more with data.
- ChatwithPDF: This plugin extracts data from PDFs that are uploaded and uses ChatGPT to analyze the uploaded content.
I only highlighted three plugins, but I encourage you to explore all the plugins that are available.
Dr. Lauren Hays is an Assistant Professor of Instructional Technology at the University of Central Missouri, and a frequent presenter and interviewer on topics related to libraries and librarianship. Please read Lauren’s other posts relevant to special librarians. Take a look at Lucidea’s powerful integrated library systems, SydneyEnterprise, and GeniePlus, used daily by innovative special librarians in libraries of all types, sizes and budgets.
Never miss another post. Subscribe today!
Interview with the author of a book on authorship and copyright policies; tips on establishing fair authorship policies and procedures.
A framework for librarians and archivists on how to go back and reconstitute and reconstruct community histories more inclusively.
Library expert’s interview with Benjamin Aldred, current chair of the Government Documents Roundtable of the American Library Association
Library expert’s list of new AI tools to explore; benefits and cautions, thoughts on how AI may shape life and work.
Enjoy all of the benefits of your Lucidea solution with secure, reliable, stress free hosting
Programs & incentives
No matter your size or budget, we’ve got you covered, today and tomorrow