In an earlier post, I shared ten online tools to help with virtual work such as video creation and online meetings. In this post, I want to focus on tools that help in organizing virtual work. Many of these have free options.
- Trello: In my opinion, this is one of the best free tools to organize projects and work collaboratively.
- Evernote: A great tool for note-taking and managing to do lists.
- Airtable: A great way to keep track of tasks and communicate with colleagues.
- Momentum: This is a Chrome extension where you can manage your to do lists.
- ClickUp: This is an app where you can organize all of your work from documents, chat, and tasks.
- Asana: This is a platform that is primarily beneficial for teams to organize their work and collaborate.
- Box: Is a great place to securely store and share files. Individual accounts have a free option.
- Slack: This is a great tool at any time, but particularly useful for remote work. It is a great tool for team communication.
- Confluence: This tool has a variety of templates to help organize notes and other documents. It also allows for collaboration.
- OneNote: A robust digital notebook where you can organize content and collaborate with others.
I hope these resources are helpful. Stay well.
Lauren Hays, PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Instructional Technology at the University of Central Missouri. Please learn more about Lauren and read her other posts about skills for special librarians; then take a look at Lucidea’s powerful ILS, SydneyEnterprise, used daily by innovative special librarians.
Solo special librarians need a powerful ILS to deliver large library impact; GeniePlus optimizes project history mgmt at Fresco Decorative Arts in NYC.
Music Library Association interview; covers wide range of services, responsibilities, programs that form a library association’s remit and impact.
Interleaving is the concept of alternating between concepts during learning instead of practicing one skill at a time. This promotes retention.
Google Arts & Culture is an incredible resource for special librarians who want to showcase a collection or highlight resources.