CuadraSTAR is the core technology that underpins all Cuadra’s solutions. It was developed to serve multiple information management needs in libraries, information centers, archives, museums, records centers, and publishing organizations. Organizations use CuadraSTAR to help them manage their mission-critical and cultural heritage information because of its comprehensive functionality and excellent customer service.
Learn More about CuadraSTAR Technology
CuadraSTAR provides powerful capabilities for managing traditional and digital information, with easy input, security, and long-term retrieval.
Unlike many software packages, CuadraSTAR is designed to serve multiple information management imperatives – information-intensive organizations differ in the processes and language that they use, but share a common need for efficient and accurate input of both structured and unstructured data, automatic indexing, sophisticated retrieval, flexible output, and data security.
CuadraSTAR™ processes data dynamically, offering the major benefit of immediate, automatic indexing of newly entered or newly modified data, which makes new information available for searching by all users as soon as it has been entered.
CuadraSTAR’s retrieval capabilities support fast and intuitive searching of both full text and fielded information. Since all data are indexed immediately by CuadraSTAR, new information is immediately accessible, and the results of searches can be displayed in multiple ways to facilitate the review of search results.
CuadraSTAR has been recognized for having the most powerful and flexible report-generation in the information industry. Users can choose from hundreds of pre-defined reports or create their own reports easily, using CuadraSTAR’s built-in capabilities.
CuadraSTAR provides a number of programming interfaces that greatly extend the power of CuadraSTAR to operate in multi-application, multi-platform computing environments. These interfaces allow customers to integrate the use of CuadraSTAR data into their own computing environments.
STAR Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA)
“Illuminate the Past, Preserve it for the Future”
Purpose-built to answer archivists’ modern day challenges: Star Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA) is designed to help archivists increase the visibility of unique historic materials while ensuring their future preservation, so that they can be used to study and understand the ideas and thoughts of their original creators.
STAR Knowledge Center for Libraries (SKCL)
SKCL is a powerful Web-based integrated library system with features that meet the demands of today’s special libraries and information centers. SKCL’s OPAC lets users explore your collection independently and discover the unique and valuable resources that you provide, and full MARC capabilities enable catalogers to work more efficiently.
Learn More about SKCL
SKCL’s features accommodate the diverse and demanding needs of libraries and information centers that provide a full range of materials ranging from print to online databases, to digital files of all types.
With power, flexibility and an affordable price point, Web-based STAR Knowledge Center for Libraries provides an unparalleled value. It includes:
- An inviting, configurable OPAC that guides researchers to relevant information and provides fast, precise retrieval
- Multiple options for integrating digital resources into the catalog, with appropriate security for those resources
- Acquisitions, cataloging, circulation, indexing and abstracting, serials control, request management, MARC import and export – all capabilities to support both traditional and non-traditional library management needs
- A MARC cataloging option for those who need to create original MARC records, including features designed to help expert MARC cataloguers do descriptive work more easily and effectively
- Multiple export options, including .csv, MARC, text, and PDF
- World-class customer support
The key application for object collections, STAR/Museums is a ready-to-use, task-oriented system that can be used for collections of all kinds, including fine art, folk art, files, photographs and artifacts. It provides comprehensive support for the full range of museum management processes, including tasks such as conservation, exhibition planning, and shipping.
Learn more about STAR/Museums
STAR/Museums is a powerful museum collections management platform. In addition to standard museum operations tools, STAR/Museums includes functionality for generating deeds of gift, accessions and acquisitions summaries, location reports, statistics and management information and more —saving you staff time and resources. With STAR/Museums’ Web-based public access catalog you can make your collection visible and accessible, with ease of searching, linkages between relevant materials, and dynamic updating so users will always find the most current information.
STAR/Museums’ task-oriented design allows you to automate the full range of collections management processes, including:
- Accessioning, including documentation of the complete acquisition process
- Cataloging, including provenance and publication history
- Inventory management, including object descriptions and status
- Movement control, including current locations and a history of past locations
- Photographic services, including support for images and other electronic files
- Loan management for both incoming and outgoing loans
- Conservation management, including conservation history
- Exhibit management, including both in-house and traveling exhibits
- Insurance management, including appraisal, value, and claims histories
- Deaccessioning and disposal control
- Export of data into CHIN, MARC, and other formats
Highly customizable records management software STAR/RIMS supports the processes that ensure records are well managed, including creation and maintenance of retention schedules, filing plans, inventory integration, request management, and circulation.
Learn More about STAR/RIMS
STAR/RIMS is a truly versatile records management system. It is a task-oriented application designed for complete records management, whether you need to manage paper documents, images, microfilm, fiche, files, boxes, or records stored on any other type of media.
STAR/RIMS works with CuadraSTAR, the acclaimed information management and retrieval system, to provide built-in tools for managing your institutional records. The application supports inventories of active and inactive files plus permanent records, retention schedules and hierarchical file classification schemes, and common records management processes.
Users can implement any or all parts of the STAR/RIMS package, using CuadraSTAR as the overall “corporate memory” manager to:
- Maintain inventory data, linked to classification systems that are in turn linked to retention/disposition schedule and one or more authority files to help ensure data integrity
- Do in-depth searching and get quick answers to “where is it” and “which one” questions
- Provide circulation and withdrawal services, and maintain statistics that can be used to assess services value
- Support workflow, with multiple options for “accumulation” and “explosion” processes used to manage documents, folders and boxes
- Maintain the integrity of your data and apply appropriate security/permissions
STAR/Thesaurus makes it easy to create and maintain thesauri, with a forms-based presentation that prompts you with all the relationships you need to consider when adding/modifying terms. In addition, it automatically maintains reciprocal relationships between terms—to help preserve thesaurus hierarchy. STAR/Thesaurus follows the guidelines set forth in ANSI/NISO Z39-19-1993, Guidelines for the Construction, Format and Management of Monolingual Thesauri.
Learn More about STAR Thesaurus
STAR/Thesaurus is a robust thesaurus management system that provides most powerful vocabulary control options available in the market today. It helps you to build and maintain standard vocabularies for use in information indexing and retrieval.
STAR/Thesaurus makes it easy to create and maintain thesauri. It includes a forms-based presentation that shows all of the relationships you need to consider when adding/modifying terms. In addition, it includes automatic maintenance of reciprocal relationships between terms—to help maintain the hierarchy of your thesaurus. It follows the guidelines set forth in ANSI/NISO Z39-19-1993, Guidelines for the Construction, Format and Management of Monolingual Thesauri.
- Support for all possible term relationships—broader, narrower, related, used for, used for AND, and use OR—or, alternatively, see/see also relationships
- Automatic creation and deletion of reciprocal entries for standard relationships, with detailed audit trails
- Management fields to track the source of a term, date added, unlimited lexicographer’s history notes (in addition to user/indexer scope notes), and categories
- Multiple safeguards for data integrity
- Support for notation
- ~25 built-in standard reports
- Export capabilities
For more information please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
STARFISH is the system for locating and downloading STAR-related support materials over the Internet. Authorized STAR users can use STARFISH to download documentation, tips, software packages, updates, and patches.
Many organizations rely on Cuadra solutions, including: