Lucidea’s Year in Review: New Products, New Australian Office, New Books from Lucidea Press
Existing clients and prospects continue to take advantage of the entire Lucidea product line, with many clients migrating/upgrading to the latest versions of their applications, such as Inmagic Presto V5.0. New clients are discovering the power, innovations and cost effectiveness of Lucidea’s solutions—now including ArchivEra, ArchivEssentia, and ArgusEssentia for the museums and archives sectors.
Notable achievements in 2018 include:
- Acquisition of Maxus, the Australian distributor of Inmagic library automation and KM software—and establishment of Lucidea, Australia, Ltd.
- Maxus, based in Melbourne, has been supplying and supporting Inmagic solutions since 1984, and has consistently been one of Inmagic’s major resellers
- Inmagic Presto Release V5.0, including User-Requested Enhancements.
- Redesigned user interface
- New Web-based configuration
- The release of ArchivEra—their newest, feature packed collections management system for large and/or distributed archives, and ArchivEssentia—designed to fully equip smaller archives with the essentials of collections management.
- ArchivEra and ArchivEssentia were developed from the ground up using LucideaCore technology, meaning they’re flexible, extensible and always up-to-date—solving today’s archiving challenges, and ready for tomorrow’s
- The introduction of ArgusEssentia, the collection management and integrated portal application specifically for small museums, enabling them to deliver large museum impact with power and finesse.
Finally, Lucidea’s publishing arm, Lucidea Press, dedicated to offering professional development content for special librarians, knowledge managers, and museums and archives professionals released two books in 2018: Succeeding in the World of Special Librarianship, by Stephen Abram, and A Survivor’s Guide to Museum Grant Writing, by Rachael Cristine Woody.
Lucidea reports that operational, product development and client service results have met or exceeded targets—and are on course for continued growth and improvement in 2019 and beyond.