Lucidea’s Year in Review: Product Enhancements, Artificial Intelligence, & New Books from Lucidea Press
LucideaCore is the foundation for all Lucidea’s applications, and manages the data points, relationships, storage, discovery, delivery, presentation, and security of client data.
Upgrades to LucideaCore (Build 4.3.5x) are applied across all Lucidea’s applications, and in 2019 included:
- Audit Trail Support
- Request Management Module mail integration that now supports MSFT Exchange Web Services in addition to IMAP
- Enhanced Crystal Reports options
- Social Media multiple portal linking
- Watermark text on derived images for display, zoom or download.
Other notable achievements in 2019 include:
Action-packed enhancements to Inmagic Presto V5.1
- New Mobile Features—easily optimize your mobile site view for your users on-the-go
- New Report Generator—simple report designer, and view-based ad hoc reporting
- Global Email Alerts—users can subscribe to curated content of their choice
- Additional miscellaneous Improvements— including Computed Value Fields for auto-incrementing and auto-populating
CHIN survey results
- Lucidea is the only North America-based (non-Open Source) Web and SaaS solutions provider to make it to the top of the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) vendor profile survey, based on the input of museum professionals who value the power, innovation and finesse of the Argus collections management solution.
- Their AI Prototype was a hit at SLA 2019. Attendees were the first to see Lucidea’s Artificial Intelligence integration—automatic categorization capabilities using IBM’s Watson. Easily configurable to categorize images or any text fields; creates authority terms based on your preferred accuracy requirements. Use with newsfeeds, or remove your backlog by quickly organizing old databases and making them discoverable.
- This year’s Lucidea events were focused on ways special librarians can expand on being integral to organizational success by becoming (and staying) aligned with leadership’s mission and strategy. They presented two very well attended two Hot Topics sessions: Transformative, Integrated, and Measurable Request Management, and Don’t Just Be Integral: Be Aligned!
Expanded global tradeshow and conference presence
- Lucidea represented its products at 34 tradeshows and conferences in 2019, including 10 venues new to them. The full portfolio of ILS, KM, and CMS software solutions were highlighted in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia, at events including DCDC, AASLH, ILTACON, MCN, CILIP, ASA, BCMA and KMWorld.
- The Rapid Data Entry feature across the full portfolio can be used by museums and archives to positively impact cataloging backlogs, by staff or solo practitioners in small libraries or knowledge centers who need to minimize time spent on operational tasks, and even by interns and volunteers undertaking cataloging projects.
- Argus Mobile is a brand-new free iOS app, available in the Apple App Store for iPads, iPhones, and the iPod touch. It’s a company to the Argus museum collections management system, and enables museum staff to update their Argus database when an object is moving to a new location, simply by scanning barcodes. It’s easy to use with your iOS device’s camera—just scan, tap, and go. (Android version coming soon)
Finally, Lucidea’s publishing arm, Lucidea Press, dedicated to offering professional development content for special librarians, knowledge managers, and museum and archives professionals, released two books in 2019: How to Select, Buy, and Use a Museum CMS by Rachael Cristine Woody, and Demystifying Archival Projects, Five Secrets for Success, by Margot Note.
Lucidea once again reports that operational, product development and client service results have met or exceeded targets—and are on course for continued growth and improvement in 2020 and beyond.
Lucidea is the market-leading developer of a full portfolio of world class KM, collections management and library automation solutions including Inmagic Presto, DB/TextWorks and GeniePlus, along with SydneyEnterprise, Argus, CuadraSTAR SKCA, Eloquent Archives, and ArchivEra.
In other Lucidea News
Lucidea, developer of market leading KM software Presto to sponsor KMWorld 2023 with exhibit booth, prize giveaway, Stan Garfield book signing
Lucidea, leader in innovative collections management software solutions for archives and provider of ArchivEra, will sponsor MARAC Fall Conference 2023
Lucidea’s Museum CMS Argus along with Archival CMS ArchivEra at AASLH 2023; create a community and a place for stories to come to life.
Lucidea, developer of market-leading ILS and KM software SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus, and Presto will attend AALL’s 2023 Annual Conference
New title from Lucidea Press offers advice from museum expert Rachael Woody on strategies to create and successfully execute a museum digital project.