Brand New Annotations Feature, Per Client Request
This enhancement was originally requested by Argus users for museum conservation work; they need to document any damage, discoloration, rust, etc. and want to do that within the collections management system. They asked, we answered. The benefits are clear for Argus and ArchivEra clients, but SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus and LucideaCore users can leverage Annotations too!
When will it be available?
- Available now
How is it implemented?
- Please contact Client Services and they’ll walk you through setting it up within KMBuilder
How does it work?
- The Annotation screen renders an image of the object, and when there is something to note, e.g., (in a museum or archives) small dents, water damage, and so on, there are options to circle it and label it using radio buttons to select rectangles and circles that can be resized. The colors can be changed so that the annotation shows up well against the image background.
- Everything is searchable, so a user could easily find all objects with specific characteristics
- You can have any number of images you choose per record
- You can make multiple annotations per image
- You can offer as many **derived images (“view only” images) as you want
**A reminder that for “derived images” you can set the size of the image; you might have different uses of the image in the portal, e.g., for hit list you’ll use small, the gallery view might be medium, or large for a web page where you want to display it as a significant image. There are Zoom and Download options.
SydneyEnterprise/GeniePlus/LucideaCore potential uses
The applications to SydneyEnterprise/GeniePlus/LucideaCore are limited only by your imagination! Conceptually, it could be used to offer an image of a map of your physical library with annotations. It could be leveraged for marketing and training, or to describe the use of a particular material within the OPAC—e.g., it could be used for version control if you offer multiple images of a publication. It’s important to note that it’s not about having an image library—rather, it’s about pointing things out and highlighting things via an annotated image.
If you’re interested in learning more about how the Annotations feature can help you be more productive and get more out of all Lucidea products, or if you have any other questions, please contact us at 604-278-6717 or email@example.com for more information.
In other Lucidea News
BIALL presented the Supplier of the Year Award 2022 to Penny Bailey, who accepted it on behalf of Lucidea affiliate, Bailey Solutions
Lucidea, developer of market-leading ILS and KM software SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus, and Presto will attend SLA 2022 Annual Conference
Lucidea Press has published a new book from KM guru Stan Garfield, 5Cs of KM for Special Librarians and Information Specialists.
Lucidea, developer of market-leading ILS and KM software SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus, and Presto will attend AALL 2022 Annual Conference
Lucidea, provider of market-leading ILS and KM solutions SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus and Inmagic Presto, to attend this year’s CALL/ACBD Conference