Brand New Annotations Feature, Per Client Request
This enhancement was originally requested by Argus users for museum conservation work; they need to document any damage, discoloration, rust, etc. and want to do that within the collections management system. They asked, we answered. The benefits are clear for Argus and ArchivEra clients, but SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus and LucideaCore users can leverage Annotations too!
When will it be available?
- Available now
How is it implemented?
- Please contact Client Services and they’ll walk you through setting it up within KMBuilder
How does it work?
- The Annotation screen renders an image of the object, and when there is something to note, e.g., (in a museum or archives) small dents, water damage, and so on, there are options to circle it and label it using radio buttons to select rectangles and circles that can be resized. The colors can be changed so that the annotation shows up well against the image background.
- Everything is searchable, so a user could easily find all objects with specific characteristics
- You can have any number of images you choose per record
- You can make multiple annotations per image
- You can offer as many **derived images (“view only” images) as you want
**A reminder that for “derived images” you can set the size of the image; you might have different uses of the image in the portal, e.g., for hit list you’ll use small, the gallery view might be medium, or large for a web page where you want to display it as a significant image. There are Zoom and Download options.
SydneyEnterprise/GeniePlus/LucideaCore potential uses
The applications to SydneyEnterprise/GeniePlus/LucideaCore are limited only by your imagination! Conceptually, it could be used to offer an image of a map of your physical library with annotations. It could be leveraged for marketing and training, or to describe the use of a particular material within the OPAC—e.g., it could be used for version control if you offer multiple images of a publication. It’s important to note that it’s not about having an image library—rather, it’s about pointing things out and highlighting things via an annotated image.
If you’re interested in learning more about how the Annotations feature can help you be more productive and get more out of all Lucidea products, or if you have any other questions, please contact us at 604-278-6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In other Lucidea News
Lehi Historical Society and Archives, and ArchivEra CMS; configurable, expandable, offers single venue for all databases, delivers mobile capabilities, all at predictable cost
Lucidea, market leader in ILS, KM solutions, brings SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus, Presto to virtual BCLA 2022 with free content, Amazon giveaway.
Woodstock Museum and Argus CMS; configurable, expandable, offers single venue for all databases, delivers mobile capabilities, all at predictable cost
Lucidea to release innovative Showcase feature with multimedia curation that draws users in to your CMS or ILS via immersive experience.
Lucidea’s ILS, KM and archival and museum CMS software performed well in 2021, product enhancements across suite, new features, growth by acquisition
Lucidea, developer of market leading KM software Inmagic Presto to sponsor virtual KMWorld 2021 conference with virtual exhibit booth, prize giveaway
Lucidea’s Showcase feature enables clients to offer curated content in visual display with which users can interact—delivering an immersive experience
Lucidea is parent company to a full portfolio of knowledge management and library automation applications and attended SLA 2021 as Diamond Sponsor