We recently convened a focus group to analyze the success factors and challenges of virtual libraries and virtual special librarianship. This has turned out to be particularly timely, given the changes in all our professional lives necessitated by COVID-19, many of which may take shape as organizational strategies in our post-pandemic world.
Volunteer focus group members from law and financial services firms, pharmaceutical companies, government agencies, and trade associations discussed fundamental questions, such as:
- What is the definition of a virtual special library?
- What are the drivers of going virtual?
- What are the pillars that support a successful virtual library?
- What are the benefits and challenges of the virtual library?
- What are the fundamentals of process and technology?
- How does the virtual library impact and change professional development?
- What is the future of virtual libraries?
This new whitepaper presents information discussed during a series of focus group meetings which were designed to explore virtual librarianship, and to surface important issue areas for further consideration.
We invite you to download a copy of the white paper compiled from the findings of Lucidea’s Virtual Libraries Focus Group, “The Virtual Special Library: The Next Normal?”.
… and don’t forget to read our whitepapers based on previous SLA Hot Topics sessions.