Lucidea’s Year in Review: Product Enhancements, New Lucidea Press Titles, Grants Database
(VANCOUVER, British Columbia —) Lucidea is the parent company to a full portfolio of market-leading knowledge management, library automation, and museums and archives collections management solutions. They enjoyed another very strong year in 2020 with exciting upgrades to their ILS, CMS, and KM applications, a series of well attended webinars delivered by sector experts, two new books from their publishing arm, Lucidea Press, and a new Grants Directory and Workbook.
LucideaCore is the foundation for all Lucidea’s applications, and manages the data points, relationships, storage, discovery, delivery, presentation, and security of client data.
Upgrades to LucideaCore (Build 4.3.6) are applied across all Lucidea’s applications, and in 2020 included:
- Alerting—both pull and push, complex and simple
- New theme (old theme still supported) for a fresher look
- Request management new toolbar actions: mark as complete or disable any unwanted notifications
- Image annotation new field types for text color and callout shapes
In addition, they’re delivering new capabilities across the portfolio, such as:
- Copy and paste templates in KM builder
- Download attachments directly from hit list; no longer need to go into the record
- Search from within check-in
- Context-specific support for social media linking; e.g., mobile users go to mobile portal, etc.
Other notable achievements in 2020 include:
Client-driven enhancements to Inmagic Presto V5.2
- Saved Search Widget
- Events Calendar
- Computed Values enhancement
- Additional Responsive Screen Layouts
- Wildcard Searching enhancements
- Google Books Display Covers
- Ability to Save a URL for a Search Query
Growing global virtual tradeshow and conference presence
Despite the pandemic, Lucidea maintained its focus on supporting library, KM and cultural associations by attending—and in many cases, sponsoring—all their virtual conferences. Notably, with the lockdown there was a surge of interest in Lucidea’s software across the portfolio, due to the increasing requirement to put collections online. Providing special incentives and offers as support for existing and prospective clients during COVID is one of the many ways Lucidea has answered the challenge of a very difficult year for everyone.
- Lucidea sponsored more tradeshows and conferences in 2020 than ever before, including eleven venues new to them, delivering an innovative virtual presence through digital exhibit booths, webinars, and town hall-style live meetings. Their ILS, KM, and CMS software was highlighted in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia, at events including SLA’s Leadership Symposium, VALA, SMA, ARK, CILIP, NEA, CMA, BCLA, MARAC, WAM, ALIA, MAC, AAM, CALL, SLA, BIALL, MLA, AAAM, SAA, AAO, CIL, OMA, AASLH, BCMA, MuseumNext, MCN, and KMWorld.
SLA 2020 Diamond Sponsorship
Lucidea attended this year’s Virtual SLA Conference and INFO-EXPO as a Diamond Sponsor, with a broad lineup of events and updates as part of over 100 sessions delivered to more than 1,000 attendees.
Lucidea’s SLA presentations and activities included:
- Virtual exhibit booth
- iPad giveaway
- Blogger competition
- Opening remarks and welcome
- 2 Hot Topics sessions: Virtual Libraries—the Next Normal? and The Intersection of Libraries, Archives and Museums
- 3 Solutions Showcase sessions highlighting what’s new with SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus, and ArchivEra
- 3 Livestream scheduled booth interactive product demonstrations
- Thought leadership presentation on the next normal for Special Libraries and the future of the profession
Grants Directory, Database, and Workbook
Lucidea has partnered with expert, author, and consultant Rachael Cristine Woody to create a LAM grant toolkit. It provides a comprehensive grant database spanning Libraries, Archives, and Museums with opportunities in the United States and Canada. The database allows users to quickly drill-down to see the opportunities that best match their needs for specifications such as: deadline, award range, and grant project theme. The goal of the toolkit is to empower LAM professionals in their work by providing them all the information and tools needed to confidently apply for grants. In addition to the database, there is a grant workbook that introduces every typical grant application field and provides four grant application templates. The workbook is designed to guide users through each area of the application, outline what content is needed in order to be successful, and inspire applicants with four plug-and-play project frameworks.
Finally, Lucidea’s publishing arm, Lucidea Press, dedicated to offering professional development content for special librarians, knowledge managers, and museum and archives professionals, released two books in 2020: The Archivists’ Advantage: Choosing the Right Collections Management System for Your Needs, and Digital Preservation Without Tears, both authored by Margot Note.
Lucidea once again reports that operational, product development and client service results have met or exceeded targets—and are on course for continued growth and improvement in 2021 and beyond.
Lucidea is the market-leading developer of a full portfolio of world class KM, collections management and library automation solutions including Inmagic Presto, DB/TextWorks, PrestoWorks, and GeniePlus, along with SydneyEnterprise, Argus, and ArchivEra
In other Lucidea News
Lehi Historical Society and Archives, and ArchivEra CMS; configurable, expandable, offers single venue for all databases, delivers mobile capabilities, all at predictable cost
Lucidea, market leader in ILS, KM solutions, brings SydneyEnterprise, GeniePlus, Presto to virtual BCLA 2022 with free content, Amazon giveaway.
Woodstock Museum and Argus CMS; configurable, expandable, offers single venue for all databases, delivers mobile capabilities, all at predictable cost
Lucidea to release innovative Showcase feature with multimedia curation that draws users in to your CMS or ILS via immersive experience.
Lucidea’s ILS, KM and archival and museum CMS software performed well in 2021, product enhancements across suite, new features, growth by acquisition
Lucidea, developer of market leading KM software Inmagic Presto to sponsor virtual KMWorld 2021 conference with virtual exhibit booth, prize giveaway
Lucidea’s Showcase feature enables clients to offer curated content in visual display with which users can interact—delivering an immersive experience
Lucidea is parent company to a full portfolio of knowledge management and library automation applications and attended SLA 2021 as Diamond Sponsor