(Vancouver, Canada – October 16, 2014) Lucidea, a leading global provider of library and knowledge management software and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies, top law firms and governments is proud to announce that Educational Testing Service (ETS) will migrate to SydneyEnterprise, Lucidea’s powerful new library automation system.
ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180 countries. In addition to assessments, they conduct educational research, analysis and policy studies and develop a variety of customized services and products. To help achieve their goals ETS requires leading edge technology. Karen McQuillen, Director of Knowledge Services for ETS, was among the first to see SydneyEnterprise, and ETS is among the first clients to migrate. As a key decision maker, Ms. McQuillen chose to migrate to SydneyEnterprise for several reasons, including:
- Enhanced information discovery: e.g. faceted search that dramatically improves query results
- Easy access: a single venue for administration, searching the collection (.net OPAC), and all other library functions
- Integration with key IT systems such as SharePoint
- Efficiency: with minimal training, the ability to leverage logical, intuitive and sensible workflows
- Purpose built design that follows library best practices; for example, it allows consolidation of multiple databases
- Web based reporting and other powerful tools
- An appealing and functional interface that staff and patrons enjoy using
Among the requirements Ms. McQuillen and many other information professionals prioritize are independence and integration. Leveraging tools that allow library staff to administer and configure their own platforms without relying on the IT department is critical, as is the ability to integrate library systems with existing information resources. With SydneyEnterprise, librarians and knowledge managers can definitely further these goals.
SydneyEnterprise is Lucidea’s flagship ILS solution for special libraries, offering the newest web-based technology and KM integration; the easiest information access and discovery capabilities; the highest levels of security; simple system administration; unprecedented flexibility and independence, exceptional value, and the best possible user experience.
Enterprise, or any of Lucidea’s other knowledge management, library automation, museums and archives, legal portal or cost recovery products, please phone 604 278 6717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Educational Testing Service is the world’s largest private nonprofit educational testing and assessment organization. ETS advances quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. They develop, administer and score more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180 countries, at 9,000+ locations worldwide.