Building the Resilient Library
What does it mean to be resilient, and to run a resilient library?
Building a Resilient Library is a white paper based on a SLA 2015 Conference Hot Topic session – the second in our series of panel discussions on the “Sustainable Library.”
Special librarians achieve sustainability by understanding that end user requirements and forces at work (e.g. new technologies, globalization and a mobile workforce) all demand change. Learn from Lucidea ILS and KM clients who leverage and often create change in order to ensure the sustainability of their libraries and optimize their own roles.
Topics covered include:
- What it means to be resilient, and run a resilient library
- Setting the scene – organizational overviews
- Leveraging and creating change: practical examples
- Securing organizational support – what works
- Examples of impact
- Characteristics of library change agents